Pages

Thursday, 7 June 2012

On the Run - An outfit for another rainy day

I am in agony but it's completely my own fault. I decided to try a number of different exercise classes this week and after my circuits class on Tuesday well, that was me done in.  So my decision to go ahead with a body combat class this evening was probably less than wise but no doubt all will be revealed tomorrow.


Fortunately I was permitted to sit down for a couple of hours today whilst watching Snow White and the Huntsman.  It was a great film but if I am honest my attention was more on the Hunstsman than Snow White, or anyone else for that matter.  I shall say no more than that!

With the rain still beating down, and knowing that I would be in and out of the car alot I opted for my Gap skinnies, tan Jones boots and Khaki Kew short mac. It's a slightly different colour palette for me but I liked it and it fitted in with the weather for the day.


We had a brief visit to John Lewis yesterday, which is where I bought my Lola Rose scarf a few months ago.  These are the current prints that they have in John Lewis.  I really like their muted tones and soft touch.


For anyone who likes stripes but feels uncomfortable wearing them on their body, I thought that these wedge heeled espadrilles were great. They are part of the John Lewis weekend range.


I also love these Carvela shoes, which remind me of "Dorothy" shoes. I would imagine that they are part of Carvela's autumn range and with a cute block heel and a bit of sparkle I would wear them to pep up casual outfits, probably more so than with dressier outfits.



Assuming that I can move my arms tomorrow, I will blog - if nothing appears, you know why!



10 comments:

  1. I'm really loving those Dorothy shoes - but I'm not allowed any more shoes till 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, we need to plot, there must be a loophole in there somewhere - unless it is a self imposed ban in which case I support you all the way!

      Delete
  2. Love the shoes & your blog. Am moving back the UK after many years away in hot countries so need proper shoes and a winter/waterproof wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting - imagine needing a whole new wardrobe in one go! Where have you been living? Good luck on your return to the UK - I hope that it all goes smoothly for you.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. I amhave been in Saudi Arabia last couple of years so can wear whatever i like when I go out as long as I wear an abaya over the top!
      Black is not ideal in 45 degrees and it has encouraged me to wear bright accessories.

      Not sure my husband is as excited as I am at the prospect of me buying a whole new wardrobe!

      Delete
  3. I love the navy Dorothy shoes, so unusual and sparkly! The Zara jacket from your 31st May post is lovely too. Great blog, I love it......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andress - so kind of you to drop by and let me know that you like the blog. I love the sparkly shoes too but then I am a bit of a magpie. I think that Zara has been great for little Chanel inspired jackets this season - Mango too. Just hope that the rain stops soon so that I can bring some summer dresses out of hibernation!

      Delete
  4. We saw Snow White on Monday, rain stopped any venturing outside. It was great and the beauty obsession was quite an insightful comment on today's society. Your post about your friend Jo was really interesting, can you give her my link? I lost 50% of my body weight, and it is like she said, that's the easy bit, it is keeping it off that is the hard work. You look like a natural skinny, but when it is really, really hard work sometimes you need a little pep up, which is what my blog is about, as much for me as anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and yes, I will certainly let Jo have your link. That's an incredible achievement - 50% of your body weight, wow. Hopefully others will find your blog too and get the support that they need.

      Delete
  5. Love love love those Carvela 'Dorothy' shoes - would be perfect to jazz up an otherwise fairly corporate work wardrobe. You are such a bad influence!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.