Pages

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Mum on the Run - On the beach with a little bit of Seasalt thrown in...

 
I was really disappointed not to be able to attend the Seasalt press day for their S/S '13 collection and wasn't entirely sure how I was going to be able to post about it given that winter was approaching.
 
However, the perfect opportunity arose today. Not only were we in Wales and about to hit the beach but it was also sunny - not just a little bit sunny either - but proper sunny, which didn't make writing about summer clothes seem quite so inappropriate.
 
So, here I am sporting my new Seasalt bag in preparation for our trip to the beach, which was kindly sent to me after the press day (and no, there was no way those boots were going near the beach. It's just that Mr SG forbids wellies in the car.)
 
 

This was the view that greeted us on arrival at the beach. Pure unadulterated sunshine - bliss. This is Newborough beach on Anglesey - one of our favourites.


The inspiration for Seasalt's S/S '13 collection came from the Scilly Isles, which hold a special place in my heart as I had a holiday there in my late teens.

Sophie Chadwick, who is the textile designer for Seasalt, has family who orignate from the islands and the collection reflects the colours, flowers and prints of the five inhabited isles of the Scilly Isles. The collection includes stripes to reflect the maritime history of the islands and floral inspiration is reflected in the chambray fabric in "Poppy". 

The bag that I was sent is great - reversible with a gingham print on the inside, it has a zipped pocket for things that you don't want to get sandy - (ie eldest's ipod which she has just managed to unlock, having locked it for 42 years (no kidding))!



I was also kindly sent a lip balm and scarf, neither of which I have used yet. However I have heard from many SG readers who like Seasalt and even my sister has mentioned it to me, which is a great accolade for any brand because she is as dis-interested in clothes at is possible to be, short of not bothering to wear any at all.


Here are some of the looks from the S/S '13 collection...


...together with a few more which are inspired by the artistic heritage of St Ives, Cornwall.


Here are a few things that you may not know about Seasalt and which I think are quite interesting:
  • Seasalt are the former winners of "Best organic retailer", the first time ever for a non food company;
  • Seasalt contributes towards maintaining and promoting local traditions and skills by selling a range of locally make products such as smocks and canvas sailing bags. They also sponsor various projects, such as a sea shanty choir and they work with schools on creative projects. They have also raised significant sums for charity in the last three years;
  • The Seasalt team comprises fashion designers, fine artists, illustrators and creative writers.
Thank you to Seasalt for my press pack and information about the new collection, which I can't wait to see in the stores which will probably in the Guernsey stores when I am next over there - such a lovely place too!

Here is a pic of the kind of things we get up to when on holiday. Mr SG found a magnifying glass which I had taken to the beach and he reverted to type by trying to light a fire with it - which he did with great success. I was never quite so inventive as a child - rather we pinched matches to light the fires in our dens! I doubt that would ever happen these days.


34 comments:

  1. Croeso i Cymru Beth.....It has definately been lovely this last week . I have been on holiday at home and live not far from where you are now. Have a lovely mini break x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by that I mean in sunny North Wales lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Seasalt and love popping into the Penzance branch. We don't have many decent shops down here but at least we have Seasalt. I'm loving the lip balm and wouldn't be without my fluffy socks, perfect in my Seasalt wellies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do excellent Breton tops too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - I didn't really have Seasalt 'on my radar' before, but I've just enjoyed looking through their website - and especially discovering that they do kids' clothes too!
    Could get expensive ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - so pleased that you liked the Seasalt post and thanks for the tip about the Breton tops - that's always good to know. It was you I was thinking of Kath when I mentioned that I knew some of you liked Seasalt. I have used my lip balm now too and it is gorgeous. I must also check out their wellies. Hope that it doesn't all prove too tempting Thea and thanks for the welcome to Wales Sian, it's lovely to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm
    going to start my own blog soon but I'm having a difficult time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for
    something completely unique.
    P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!
    My web site sci-fi book blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fastidious respond in return of this question with solid arguments and
    telling all on the topic of that.
    Also visit my site :: mullingartennis.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I simply couldn't depart your site before suggesting that I actually loved the usual information a person supply on your guests? Is going to be back frequently to check up on new posts
    Review my web site ; http://www.examiner.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I dо not leave а lot of commеnts, hoωeѵer аfter loοking at through a bunch of
    rеѕpοnseѕ on "Mum on the Run - On the beach with a little bit of Seasalt thrown in...".
    Ι actually dο haνе a couple of queѕtiοnѕ for you if you ԁon't mind. Is it just me or do some of the comments come across like they are left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on other places, I'd like tο keeρ up with you.
    Would you list of аll of all your sοcіаl netwοгκing sіtes lіkе уour
    Facebοok ρаge, twitter feеd, or lіnkеdin profilе?
    Also visit my blog post hotmail iniciar sesion

    ReplyDelete
  11. My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on various websites for about a year and
    am anxious about switching to another platform. I have heard fantastic things about blogengine.
    net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress
    content into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!
    Also visit my site : accupuncture.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whats up this is kinda of off topic but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you
    have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding skills so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    my site :: http://storify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this weblog and I am impressed!

    Extremely useful info particularly the closing part
    :) I deal with such information much. I used to be seeking this particular info for a long time.

    Thank you and good luck.
    Stop by my blog ; hotmail messenger live

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great article, totally what I needed.
    Feel free to surf my web blog :: addicting Games cyclomaniacs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know whether it's just me or if everybody else encountering issues with your blog.
    It seems like some of the text in your content are running off the screen.
    Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This could be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously. Thank you
    my webpage - acute hiv symptoms

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every
    day. It's always exciting to read articles from other authors and practice a little something from their web sites.
    Also see my page :: pagerankkontrol.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed!
    Very useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info much.

    I was seeking this certain information for a
    very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    Here is my website ; hotmail correo electrónico gratis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
    Nonetheless, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll
    be bookmarking and checking back often!
    My site - hotmail email directory

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
    say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your weblog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing on your feed and I'm hoping you write once more very soon!
    Here is my page :: Adenocarcinoma of the lung

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good blog post. I certainly love this site.
    Thanks!
    Here is my page ... http://wiki.comunitavalledisole.tn.it/index.php?title=Utente:RethaEste

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello, Neat post. There is a problem with your website
    in web explorer, might check this? IE still is the marketplace leader
    and a large component of folks will pass over your great
    writing because of this problem.

    Feel free to surf to my web site meratol reviews

    ReplyDelete
  22. An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker who
    had been conducting a little research on this. And he in fact bought me lunch due to the fact that I discovered it for him.
    .. lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU
    for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this issue here on your web site.


    My website Raspberry Ketones
    My web page - raspberry ketone diet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Latest Hot Current Affairs, Entertainment News, Pictures, Videos, Latest Hot News updates, Business News, Online Marketing, Online Jobs, Mp3 Tunes, Latest Ringtones, Bollywood Girls, Entertainment Girls, Hot Girls and Most popular Affairs in the World
    Daily News updates about Latest and Hot Current Affairs
    HotCurrentAffairs.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. hello there and thаnk you for youг info –
    I hаve definitely piсkеd up somеthіng new
    from right here. I diԁ however еxρertіse some technical isѕueѕ using
    this sitе, as I experienced to reload the web ѕite manу timеѕ pгevіous to
    I cоuld get it to load corгectly. ӏ had bеen wonԁeгing іf your web hοsting іs OΚ?
    Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I'm adԁing this RSS to my e-mail anԁ could lоok out foг much more of yоur respеctiѵe interesting content.
    Make sure уou uрԁate this agaіn soon.


    my webpage ... raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete
  25. Terrific work! This is the kind of information that are supposed
    to be shared across the internet. Shame on Google
    for not positioning this submit upper! Come on over
    and visit my website . Thanks =)

    Feel free to visit my page ... ti-89.org

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.

    I'll bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I'm quite certain I will learn
    many new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!



    Look at my webpage ... custom squeeze page design

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will right away take hold of your rss as I can not in finding your
    email subscription hyperlink or newsletter service.

    Do you have any? Please allow me recognize so that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.

    My web-site ... rockstar squeezepage

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very good article. I will be going through some of these issues as well.

    .

    Feel free to visit my blog - www.facebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey there! I just wish to offer you a huge thumbs up
    for your great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your site for more soon.


    Feel free to visit my blog - Alternative energy

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great info. Lucky me I came across your website by accident
    (stumbleupon). I've saved as a favorite for later!

    my blog post - home income profit system

    ReplyDelete
  31. This article ρrοvides cleaг іdea dеѕignеd fоr the new peoрle of blоgging, that genuіnеly how tο do running a blοg.


    my homeρage :: http://raisedbedvegetablegardens.net/

    ReplyDelete
  32. What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have
    found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads.

    I am hoping to give a contribution & assist different customers like its
    aided me. Great job.

    Here is my blog ... fouclan.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Heya this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors
    or if you have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    My homepage ... http://venny11.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. In some cars, this outlet is exposed, when some others are not.
    This Scan Instrument is a pretty distinct and supreme solution.



    my web page: obd code

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.