Pages

Monday, 29 October 2012

Mum on the Run - Wearing a little bit of Mint Velvet (but really it's all about the brand). Do pop by, I think you might like it.

 
I seem to keep getting myself in hot water at the moment, with many of you emailing me to tell me that I keep putting temptation in your way - in which case you may want to look away now.
 
I am sure that many of you will be familiar with the brand Mint Velvet, which was set up three years ago now by three women who each had 15 years experience in the fashion industry. As busy working women, their aim was to create a womenswear brand that consisted of beautiful textures, which referenced the season's key looks and which translated into effortlessly wearable co-ordinated pieces.
 
For me the brand goes from strength to strength. I think that the price point is good as is the way that the trends are interpreted to make them accessible.  I have always looked to Mint Velvet for leather jackets and their strength lies in creating key pieces in a neutral colour palette which will integrate effortlessly into an existing wardrobe, updating it without screaming "hello, I am this seasons' newest trend." 
 
Their selection of squishy, slouchy bags together with their snake print clutches are perfect. Think Jennifer Aniston in her jeans/leather jacket/slouchy bag combo and you won't be far off the mark.
 
If Mint Velvet isn't somewhere that you have previously looked for boots then I urge you to do so. They have a fantastic selection which includes knee high biker boots (quite hard to find and for some ladies preferable, as they finish at a more flattering point on the leg), shoe boots, wedge ankle boots, tan heeled boots, riding boots, over the knee boots, the list goes on.
 
The Mint Velvet Magazine is also fantastic - full of useful styling advice, hints and tips - quick and consise, it demonstrates that the creators of Mint Velvet have a real understanding of what women want on a daily basis.
 
I could go on but I won't, instead leaving you to take a look at your leisure!
 
Earlier in the summer - in fact it was a very rare and hot day - I was approached by Mint Velvet to ask whether I might like to do something with them. Roll on a few months and I chose some pieces from the current collection to try.  
 
Here I am wearing their storm nubuck ankle boots. The heel height appealed to me, as did the colour. Being a dark grey, they have the tendency to take on whichever colour they are put with, whether it's navy, grey or black  - which makes them so versatile. The rubber sole also appealed to me for its non-slip quality!
  
 

In this outfit I styled them with skinny cords, a denim shirt with striped top underneath and a cream cape. If time had permitted (and if they were mine) I would also style them with a dress with a leather jacket over the top, or with wide legged trousers, printed blouse and a blazer for a smarter look. However, the boots were required back in London for a photo shoot and I was required to get packing for our trip away.
 
 
 
 

Please forgive the beer bottle by my feet! Without me realising it, the nice man from Amazon had emptied our recyling bin and turned it upside down so as to hide a package for our son's birthday. Fortunately he chose the right day to come - on another day there could have been far more beer bottles in it.
 
I also asked Mint Velvet if I could take a closer look at this wine saddle bag (£119)..... 
 
 
                                   Wine Saddle Bag
 
...which reminded me very much of a bag by Tom Ford (see below) which has found favour with the A-listers.
                                       
                                    

Despite my failure to style it particularly well (the colours weren't quite right), I am showing you a picture of it in any event. Alas the bag went back with the boots, so I couldn't re-do the shots - but I think you can get the gist of how it looks.
 

I hope that you enjoyed the read and that you find Mint Velvet to be a brand which works well for you. There are some stand alone stores and there is also a concession in House of Fraser.


 


29 comments:

  1. That bag is gorgeous, and very similiar to one that Jennifer Aniston had in a recent photo of her with her massive engagement ring! Probably d Tim ford bag. But the Mint Velvet bag is lovely too.
    Great outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Jennifer Anniston with that bag so many times and always wondered where it was from. It's lovely. She wears it cross body and it comes up quite high. I bought a beautiful mint velvet dress before summer and it's become a real staple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the slight mismatch between the shades but I've always been a bit like that. I like the not too perfect look so it's good in my eyes but the Mint Velvet bag is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone near a John Lewis, they also have a Mint Velvet concession.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great boots. We've just had a Mint Velvet open in our town so Ill go and take a look. I love the Cords. Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a concession in John Lewis and their clothes are very well finished and the fabrics are lovely. The boots are lovely but then so are the brogues! Not that I need another pair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today, I went to the beach front with my kids.

    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.

    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but
    I had to tell someone!

    my blog: vertr├Ąge trotz schufa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is one of the most important information for me.
    And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things,
    The web site style is ideal, the articles is really great :
    D. Good job, cheers

    Also visit my page work from home business ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog!
    We are a team of volunteers and starting a
    new initiative in a community in the same niche. Your
    blog provided us useful information to work on.
    You have done a wonderful job!

    Also visit my site ... vacations packages all inclusive

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable experience on the topic
    of unexpected emotions.

    Here is my homepage ... promote clickbank

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's up all, here every person is sharing these kinds of experience, thus it's good
    to read this web site, and I used to pay a visit this
    website everyday.

    My weblog ... Private Krankenversicherung Vergleich Test

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi would you mind letting me know which hosting company you're utilizing? I've
    loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers and I
    must say this blog loads a lot quicker then most.
    Can you recommend a good web hosting provider at a reasonable
    price? Cheers, I appreciate it!

    Here is my page ... Strong Assistance When Selecting Involving Unix And Windows Hosting - Defining Art

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really attention-grabbing, You're an overly skilled blogger. I've joined
    your feed and look ahead to in the hunt for more of your fantastic post.
    Additionally, I've shared your site in my social networks

    Look at my site - i need to refinance my car with bad credit

    ReplyDelete
  14. bookmarked!!, I like your blog!

    my webpage :: entrepreneur ideas for teenagers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you
    really recognise what you are speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly also discuss with my website =).
    We may have a hyperlink trade arrangement between us

    Also visit my webpage :: all inclusive honeymoon destinations

    ReplyDelete
  16. An interesting discussion is worth comment. I believe that
    you should write more about this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but typically folks don't discuss these subjects. To the next! Best wishes!!

    Also visit my web page :: die billigste krankenversicherung

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings! Very helpful advice within this post!
    It's the little changes that make the most significant changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    Also visit my weblog - online business opportunities

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, its nice piece of writing on the topic of media print,
    we all know media is a wonderful source of information.


    Look at my blog post :: real stay at home jobs

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's remarkable for me to have a web site, which is helpful in favor of my know-how. thanks admin

    Here is my blog post: Ways To Host Your Own Personal Webpage Quickly - WikiSf

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's remarkable for me to have a web site, which is helpful in favor of my know-how. thanks admin

    Feel free to surf to my website: Ways To Host Your Own Personal Webpage Quickly - WikiSf

    ReplyDelete
  21. I continue listening for the news to talk about getting free of charge
    on the net grant applications so we looked for high quality website
    to get one particular.

    My weblog; Outlet Preise

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi everyone, it's my first go to see at this website, and paragraph is genuinely fruitful in support of me, keep up posting such content.

    my webpage - appliance repair Valrico

    ReplyDelete
  23. I could not refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

    Also visit my webpage - appliance repair Temple Terrance

    ReplyDelete
  24. This article will help the internet users for setting up new blog or
    even a weblog from start to end.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post; Bench Craft Company advertising slogans worksheet answers

    ReplyDelete
  25. Why people still use to read news papers when in this technological world the
    whole thing is existing on net?

    Here is my weblog - smart circle directv

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am sure this article has touched all the internet users, its
    really really nice paragraph on building up new webpage.


    Here is my web-site hard drive recovery services

    ReplyDelete
  27. Having read this I believed it was very informative.

    I appreciate you finding the time and energy to put this information together.
    I once again find myself spending way too much time both reading and commenting.

    But so what, it was still worth it!

    Also visit my website - Bench Craft Company advertising agencies in atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sony Bravia KDL46EX403U/KDL46EX403(Video recording Review)Cheap HIGH TV

    Here is my web-site - online video to mp3 converter

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.