Pages

Sunday 9 December 2012

A Saturday Superstore outfit comprising Zara, Cos, Hobbs, Boden and Gap

After yesterday's debacle in the Onesie, I thought that today I ought to show you something slightly less, well...I'm not quite sure what the word is. Appropriate?! Incidentally have any of you seen the articles in the Sunday Times about Onesie's today?
 
Yesterday morning I needed layers galore for the weekly trip to gym. If you aren't leaping into foam bricks it really is rather chilly. Hence the combination of the white shirt, the Ashdown jumper from Hobbs (the link is to the cardigan as I can't find the jumper on-line) and the Zara coat.


With the outfit being predominantly grey, black and gold, as per the jumper, jeans and boots, this navy jacket from Zara (£79.99) probably shouldn't have featured at all - but its warmth meant that it did. The jumper is also one of those pieces that takes on the colour of whatever else you are wearing, so it's quite handy in that respect.
 
Although it is a puffer jacket (70% down and 30% feather filling for those interested) the jacket is nicely shaped and not too bulky. When I first spotted it, I also liked the contrast tan piping and the gold detailing.   
 

Given the colours mentioned above, there's probably no way that this leopard print bag from Boden should have featured either but a) it was handy b) it's lovely to use because everything stays in place c) I had an important engagement with Sainsbury's Homebase prior to gym and needed to get out of the door quickly. My trip to Homebase was to purchase silver spray paint for the hydrangeas I had lovingly dried before turning them into a wreath. We'll say no more about that for now!

With the other three members of the family still in bed when the youngest and I returned, it fell to the youngest to take the photos - but I don't think that they are any better or worse than usual.

I can't wait to get my hair cut tomorrow as I currently look like one of the Beatles. The thing is that my hairdresser is so young (his Mum is a year older than me) that when I say that to him, he looks at me blankly. Only recently have I realised that he probably doesn't know who the Beatles were and that he probably thinks I am talking about the insect. Sometimes I think that I just need to learn when to keep quiet.

Outfit: Gap shirt, Hobbs jumper, Zara coat, Cos grey skinny jeans (great as they come in in-between sizes) and Chelsea boots, Boden bag.