Saturday, 29 December 2012

The 12 outfits of Christmas: An outfit of masculine tailoring from Zara, Dune and Benetton

Tonight it was all about the shoes! We went round to see some friends which meant that I could wear these ridiculously high shoes with an equally ridiculously thin heel. Less car to bar - more car to living room - but, luckily for me, the principle was still the same.
 
With the taxi outside, the shots were done in 2 seconds flat but I think that you can see enough to get the idea...
 
 

I already had the shoes and trousers in mind but didn't really feel like going for a sparkly top or silk shirt so dressed it all down with a denim shirt. The shape of the pink coat - less girlie, more masculine, seemed to lend itself to the outfit - so that's the road I took.



These black Zara trousers have a subtle leopard print worked into them.


These glittery numbers, previously known as shoes and now re-named by the fashion world as single sole shoes because they don't have a platform (how totally bonkers is that?) were from Dune last Christmas.


This is a pink Mulberry which I used as an oversized clutch.

 
Luckily I was warm and comfortable and appropriately dressed, minus the heels, for a session of "Just Dance" -  a great form of exercise which I think could be quite addictive!
 
We are off up to Newcastle tomorrow so I shall bring you a couple more outfits whilst I am away and then  I will give you all a much needed rest from me! With that in mind, if anyone would like to feature on Style Guile - perhaps you had a favourite outfit over Christmas, or a present that you loved wearing - please let me have your photos to share with the rest of us.

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous outfit Beth - the shoes really make it so therefore are worth the pain! Happy New Year to you, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right - those are very high thin heels. I wouldn't stand a chance. Happy new year in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Bag though!! Happy New Year to you all! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colour and style of the Mulberry and coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.....you look amazing in this outfit....you look sexy, stylish, together, in charge and classy......!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous coat - gorgeous colour, gorgeous style. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth, I love this look! Shoes are fab ( I got a very similar style from Dune in patent leather as a surprise from my other half - alas they were too big :(
    What are you doing in Newcastle? It's my neck of the woods - hope you have fun!
    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.