Saturday, 8 December 2012

Mum on the Run - Urban Chic? I think not - I am probably wearing one of the worst "outfits" known to man!

One should never judge other people's outfits without having tried them oneself - which is how I came to be wearing a (Primark) Onesie and (Mini Boden's version of) Uggs on today's post.
 

Yesterday at the workshop I was running, one of the ladies spoke about how she had seen a woman out wearing a Onesie, accompanied by her children in pyjamas. It wasn't Children in Need or anything like that - it was just her outfit of choice for the day. I have also heard of Brad Pitt ("Inevitable" - what a rubbish advert!) and One Direction wearing them.

Wondering what could possibly make anyone wearing a Onesie look in the mirror and think to themselves "Hey, that's a cracking outfit, I'm going to go out in that today" I thought that I would put it to the test. Even without looking a mirror it's pretty obvious that they are dodgy in the style stakes.


Seriously? You just wouldn't would you? I get the idea of Onesie's at home - they are very comfortable and warm so to that extent I can see why they might be an outfit of choice behind closed doors - in fact I might even put one on my Christmas list now.

This being our daughter's (from last Christmas) it is a bit short in the body. I would have put the cow hood up but doing so could have caused serious injury, so I didn't.


I did wonder whether a different angle might be more flattering but no - I still look like I am wearing a baby-gro.


All I can say is, it's a good job that Onesie's weren't around when Trinny and Susannah were writing their "What not to Wear" book. If so I imagine it would have been a short book with this featuring in the first, middle and last chapter. Well that and a pair of too tight leggings with a cropped top - and no, I won't be wearing that particular combination any time soon. At least I am covered up in this.

To everyone out there: You wouldn't, would you? Or would you?

12 comments:

  1. You are so right, you just would NOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue - not in public anyhow! I can see the attraction behind closed doors though!

      Delete
  2. Hello there I am so thrilled I found your webpage, I really found
    you by error, while I was looking on Yahoo for something

    else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a fantastic post and
    a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to read
    it all at the moment but I have saved it and also

    added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.
    Also visit my web site : recharts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased that you like the blog and will certainly drop by your site sometime. Thanks! Beth

      Delete
  3. Noooooo! I really would NOT! Hilarious post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me thinking along those lines! Hope that all is well with you. x

      Delete
  4. Never, never, never!
    What on earth is the appeal? Why not a nice pair of yoga / jogging pants and a sweatshirt around the house?
    And on a practical level, how do you go to the loo without getting completely undressed?
    Does your daughter actually wear hers??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit, having actually tried it on, it was really cosy and as you know I am a big fan of anything comfortable and warm. Flo did wear hers -only indoors though and only until it got too small. She hasn't asked for another one though (yet)! Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  5. No I certainly would not. Have seen lots of girls in pyjamas and Uggs with their hair in rollers but no onesies yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the rollers - I am waiting to see those out and about. I can't wait for that moment! I heard of one school banning Mums from turning up in PJ's. Incredible that anyone would even think of it!

      Delete
  6. Onesies are all the range at the moment. I can imagine them being very comfortable but very cold when you need to go to the ladies!

    www.petitestyleonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some were practical, of course, but others were psychological and emotional.
    *Rounds table format. The buccal cavity is a small cavity that has neither jaws nor
    teeth.

    Here is my web-site :: great pub quiz names

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.