Pages

Thursday, 31 January 2013

If I could buy three things...

There I was at my ice-skating lesson, barely off the barrier and requiring support on each side when a thought struck me. I looked at the Russian coach who has competed in the world championships four times and thought to myself "Is this really how you planned your life? Did you really think that you would be spending your time holding up some totally hopeless person who can't even stand on the ice and who, on a scale of 1 to 10, is a -64?" Funny how life turns out isn't it? Anyway, enough deep and meaningful thoughts for the day, let's move on to clothes...

A few of the shops have their new collections in and for those who don't, the sale stock should be on its way out now.

Out of the new collections I have seen so far, these are three of my favourite pieces:

Orchid print pencil skirt from Ted Baker (£109). It's so pretty and such a lovely contrast to the dark pieces of the winter collections. It just needs that sweatshirt top and those heels and I'll be done (well, apart from the fact that it will never be mine because it's so expensive but that aside...) and anyhow I'm sure that there will be a cheaper alternative out there soon.


 
Then there's the Whistles ophelia sequin stripe knit (£110). In the flesh the sequins are a much brighter yellow.  I am currently loving the grey/yellow combo and if it were mine, which again it won't be but I'm not complaining, it would do a great job of lifting some of my darker pieces. 
 
 

And finally there's the Whistles Mattie intarsia knit sweater (£95) again, grey and yellow, I know and to some not particularly wowzer but I would be happy if it snuck itself into my wardrobe and hid amongst the slightly tired, slightly bobbly (I nearly wrote "boobly" but that's for another post) jumpers until one day, when it was slightly warmer, it jumped out at me and said "wear me, wear me."

 
Yes, these pieces would definitely get me on my way - well these and the coral blouse and taupe and coral printed trousers that I also have my eye on in Cos. Oh, and the grey and white top in Hollister (yes, I was dragged in their again today - fortunately it wasn't quite so noisy or so stinky) and a new dress by a brand I was introduced to at an event this evening - Cecily - hence the late post. But that will all have to wait until another day.  

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes - that skirt is very pretty! Just what I need after the grey days of winter. Do please let us know if you see cheaper alternatives in a similar print... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thea - lovely to hear from you. I certainly will do so! I am sure that something will crop up as the brands release their new collections.

      Delete
  2. I think the knitwear in Whistles is looking good. I'd quite happily own most of it. Have a good weekend. Kat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kat - me too. If only! Hope you had a good weekend. Beth x

      Delete
  3. It's very easy to find out any topic on web as compared to books, as I found this piece of writing at this site.
    Feel free to surf my page ; replica watches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey very interesting blog!
    Also see my web site > replica rolex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or
    guest authoring on other sites? I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss and would
    really like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my subscribers would enjoy your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog: replica panerai
    Also see my page - replica rolex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! I've been reading your site for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Texas! Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!

    My blog post; wiki.dbjr.de
    Also see my site - phantomwithdrawals.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very happy to uncover this website. I want to to thank you for ones time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and i also have you book-marked to check out new stuff in your website.

    Feel free to visit my page - decluttering
    My website :: http://www.projetosdepesquisa.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an really long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
    Anyhow, just wanted to say great blog!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog http://youcheatingbastard.com/members/georgiapl/activity/2552/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Remaгkable things here. I am very glad to peer your аrticlе.
    Thank you a lot аnԁ І'm having a look forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

    Also visit my web site lms.auaf.edu.af

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.