Sunday, 13 January 2013

Mum on the Run - See where my latest style inspiration has come from...

It is possible to get style inspiration from lots of places - books, magazines, nature, the catwalk or in this case, our 5 year old's trainers. I have been coveting them since she had them for Christmas and this is why...(grubbiness aside).
 
 
For the past 5 summers or so I have bought a new pair of converse. Now having them in cow print, pink, coral, turquoise and pale blue I can't pretend to need any more. However I do love the comfort of flats and trainers are great for nipping up to school and back in and whizzing around the stores when not with clients. They look great with skinny jeans and ankle length trousers too and worn in the right way, they are a fantastic alternative to loafers, brogues and other flat styles.

I loved the collaboration between Nike and Liberty and featured a pair of their trainers here late last summer. They were too small for me and so were returned but not before someone left a comment asking me whether, if I had kept them, would they have featured in my outfits of shame for the year. Hardly! Boob tube, leather mini skirt and white chipped stilettos maybe but not trainers.


Anyway, I digress. What I like about the pink Clarks trainers is the sole and the slight addition of height that they give without being too chunky. I remember a friend at school having some red gola trainers that weren't dis-similar but they don't seem to make them any more. I have had Adidas Gazelles in the past but they are a little too flat. Anyway, they just make me wince. I was wearing mine once when I was using some shears in the garden and I chopped the lace off. Good job I wasn't barefoot.


These are the Puma Classic trainers but again, they're just not quite right.



I have worn Nike Air Max in the past for the gym/running but they are too "trainer like" for what I am after. I also have worn Campers in the past but no, it's time for a change.

So that's why these Clarks ones would be perfect. I could probably manage without the flashing lights and the velcro isn't really necessary for someone my age. A different colour would be good but other than that they are exactly what I am after. Having trawled the shops and the web, in the words of U2, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for." But I will - of that I am sure.

13 comments:

  1. Oh i adore those Nike Liberty trainers - stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be v interested to see what you come up with as an alternative. I can't wear Converse as they're too flat & make my feet ache but I would love to hear of a less flat 'flat' alternative, if that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with 'The Flaky Fashionista', Converse just don't work on my feet, they look terrible. I do feel like I need an alternative though so do keep us all posted! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you look at Ecco sneakers? They usually are a bit smarter and shoe-like, extremely comfortable and they last forever. A bit pricey, but my whole family has Ecco shoes and boots, and I never regretted buying them. Anyway, here's the link to their sneakers line, maybe you can find something you like there
    http://shopeu.ecco.com/uk/en/womens/sneakers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ladies - I've got my work cut out for me now haven't I? I did a little more "research" when in the shops this morning but haven't found anything so far. I'm in London this week so may just have to take a closer look at the Liberty ones! Thanks Marta re the Echo suggestion - I haven't looked at Echo for years although I remember my sis having them at school - oddly enough. Better get hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always found Ecco shoes wonderfully comfortable, and very hard wearing... but not all the styles are that great. Well worth a look each season though - you might be lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth, I came across you blog one day and it gave me a whole new wardrobe ideas wise. great recyling with others ideas! Anyway have a look at the retro freepeople ones. Very cute!

    http://www.freepeople.co.uk/shoes-trainers/neon-retro-classic-sneaker/

    http://www.freepeople.co.uk/shoes-trainers/ditsy-gola-sneaker/

    Sinéad from http://blueskieshappyflowers.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a pretty big turnoff. You could also try some of them than what is the body's way of your choice. hyperhidrosis is really a cure for hyperhidrosis is a temporary condition caused by inheritance. It can also use armpit sweating, however after some time and pain endured during treatment. Millions of people involved in sweating. Try and read about the condition can sometimes cause heavy vaginal bleeding or infection, so a doctor first.

    Also visit my page ... Midway Park hyperhidrosis doctor
    Also see my page - Midway Park hyperhidrosis doctor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello very nice site!! Man .. Excellent .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your website and take the feeds also? I am glad to find numerous useful info here in the publish, we need develop extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

    my page Nike Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the admin of this web site is actually working hard in favor of his website, for the reason that
    here every information is quality based stuff.

    Look at my web-site :: Tory Burch Handbags

    ReplyDelete
  11. This text is worth everyone's attention. When can I find out more?

    Also visit my site: Christian Louboutin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Finally someone writes about electrical outlets.


    Check out my website; Louis vuitton Bags Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing things here. I am very happy to peer your post.
    Thanks a lot and I'm having a look forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

    Also visit my website; michael kors

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments,so do please drop by.